[Python-Dev] PEP 476: Enabling certificate validation by default!

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Sep 3 21:11:49 CEST 2014

Antoine, I think we are well past the point where arguments can sway
positions. There clearly is no agreement on this issue. So please treat my
post as a BDFL tie-breaker. I will just give you one thing to ponder --
those small/non-profit websites that can't afford proper certs are exactly
the ones that will be hosting malware soon. Sorry for them, and the
certificate vendors certainly aren't in it for charity, but they must fix
their certificate issues (and probably improve many other sysadmin
practices).

--Guido

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)