[Python-Dev] PEP476: Enabling certificate validation by default

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Sep 20 18:46:56 CEST 2014

Nice. I just realized the release candidate for 3.4.2 is really close (RC1
Monday, final Oct 6, see PEP 429). What's your schedule for 3.4? I see no
date for 2.7.9 yet (but that could just be that PEP 373 hasn't been
updated). What about the Apple and Microsoft issues Christian pointed out?

Regarding the approval process, I want to get this into 2.7 and 3.4, but I
want it done right, and I'm not convinced that the implementation is
sufficiently worked out. I don't want you to feel rushed, and I don't want
you to feel that you can't start coding until the PEP is approved, but I
also feel that I want to see more working code and some beta testing before
it goes live. Perhaps I should just approve the PEP but separately get to
approve the code? (Others will have to review it for correctness -- but I
want to understand and review the API.)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)