[Python-Dev] AF_IUCV support for sockets

Neale Ferguson neale at sinenomine.net
Wed Apr 1 16:16:12 CEST 2015

Hi,
 I have opened an enhancement request (23830) with a suggested path that
adds support for the AF_IUCV protocol family:

IUCV is a hypervisor mediated communications method for z/VM guest virtual
machines. Linux on z Systems (aka s390x) has supported this via the use of
AF_IUCV sockets for many years (added to kernel Feb 2007). This suggested
patch adds support to Python 2.7.9 for this socket type. I have built
Python on both s390x and x86_64: both build cleanly and the test added to
test_socket.py runs cleanly on s390x and is skipped on other platforms.

----------
components: Library (Lib)
files: af_iucv.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 239743
nosy: neale
priority: normal
severity: normal
status: open
title: Add AF_IUCV support to sockets
type: enhancement
versions: Python 2.7
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file38765/af_iucv.patch

I would like help in improving the patch and making it a candidate for
acceptance into the code base.

Neale