[Python-Dev] Do we need to sign Windows files with GnuPG?

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Apr 3 12:58:07 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 02:56:53AM -0700, Larry Hastings wrote:
> So I put it to you, Windows Python developers: do you care
> about GnuPG signatures on Windows-specific files?  Or do you not care?

Developer using python on windows here. I care, yes.

It's valuable and significant to be able to authenticate the files on different
platforms (your GnuPG advantage #1), and using the same tools.  It's also
useful to have a very mature tool to do that.  And valuable that all files can
be so validated, not just the .exes.

> //arry/

Martin