[Python-Dev] Surely "nullable" is a reasonable name?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Apr 20 15:54:04 CEST 2015

On Apr 19, 2015, at 01:19 AM, Larry Hastings wrote:

>We should rename "types" to "accept".  "accept" should takes a set of types;
>these types specify the types of Python objects the Clinic parameter should
>accept.  For the funny pseudo-types needed in some Clinic declarations
>("buffer", "robuffer", and "rwbuffer"), Clinic provides empty class
>declarations so these behave like types too.

Having only followed the AC discussions tangentially, I have to say that the
above suggestion and the given examples make a lot more intuitive sense to me.

I had the same initial thought as Glenn regarding type annotations.  It's fine
that they're separate concepts, but it's also helpful that Larry's suggestion
above seems to align them better.

Cheers,
-Barry