[Python-Dev] async/await in Python; v2

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 23 02:12:36 CEST 2015

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, > OTOH I'm still struggling with what you have to do to wrap a coroutine
> in a Task, the way its done in asyncio by the Task() constructor, the
> loop.create_task() method, and the async() function

That's easy. You can always use costart() to adapt a cofunction
for use with something expecting a generator-based coroutine,
e.g.

codef my_task_func(arg):

my_task = Task(costart(my_task_func, arg))

If you're willing to make changes, Task() et al could be made to
recognise cofunctions and apply costart() where needed.

--
Greg