[Python-Dev] PEP 492 vs. PEP 3152, new round

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 03:51:51 CEST 2015

Looking at the grammar -- the only downside of the current approach is that
you can't do 'await await fut'.  I still think that it reads better with
parens.  If we put 'await' to 'factor' terminal we would allow

     await -fut  # await (-fut)

I think I something like

     power: atom_expr ['**' factor]
     atom_expr: [AWAIT] atom_expr | atom_trailer
     atom_trailer: atom trailer*

will fix 'await await' situation, but does it really need to be fixed?

Yury