[Python-Dev] Unicode literals in Python 2.7

Adam Bartoš drekin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:19:49 CEST 2015

Yes, that works for eval. But I want it for code entered during an
interactive session.

>>> u'α'
u'\xce\xb1'

The tokenizer gets b"u'\xce\xb1'" by calling PyOS_Readline and it knows
it's utf-8 encoded. But the result of evaluation is u'\xce\xb1'. Because of
how eval works, I believe that it would work correctly if the
PyCF_SOURCE_IS_UTF8 was set, but it is not. That is why I'm asking if there
is a way to set it. Also, my naive thought is that it should be always set
in the case of interactive session.