[Python-Dev] PEP 492 vs. PEP 3152, new round

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:44:53 CEST 2015

On 29 April 2015 at 19:32, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> On 04/29, Yury Selivanov wrote:
>> On 2015-04-29 1:25 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
>>> cannot also just work and be the same as the parenthesized
>>> version.
>>
>> Because it does not make any sense.
>
> I obviously don't understand your position that "it does not make
> any sense" -- perhaps you could explain a bit?
>
> What I see is a suspension point that is waiting for the results of
> coro(), which will be negated (and returned/assigned/whatever).
> What part of that doesn't make sense?

Would that not be "-await coro()"? What "await -coro()" would mean is
to call coro() (which would return something you can wait on), then
apply - to that (then waiting on the result of that negation). But
what does negating an awaitable object mean? Obviously you can
*define* it to mean something, but you probably didn't.

Paul