[Python-Dev] How to call PyOS_Readline from ctypes?

Adam Bartoš drekin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:04:30 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'd like to call PyOS_Readline or a particular readline hook function via
ctypes. The problem is that the functions accepts stdin and stdout file
pointers as first two arguments. These are usually pointers to the standard
stdin and stdout files. But how to get the file pointers in Python 3? In
Python 2, one could do PyFile_AsFile(py_object(sys.stdin)).

I'm asking here since it is quite specific Python implementation related
question. Actually, no one answered me on python-list (
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-July/694633.html).

Regards, Adam Bartoš