[Python-Dev] updating ensurepip to include wheel

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 7 17:05:50 CEST 2015

> I'm confident we're
> going to want a "support prebuilt wheels only" installation option
> downstream in the Linux distro world -

Interesting-- so move to a Python specific binary distribution option
-- rather than using rm or deb packages?

Doesn't lead to a dependency heck? I.e no way to express non-python
dependencies?

And while we are moving forward, can we please deprecate dependency
management and installation from setuptools?

Is there a philosophy of intended separation of concerns articulated somewhere?

-Chris