[Python-Dev] Python 3.5.0rc1 is delayed by a day

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Aug 10 10:05:40 CEST 2015

We retagged Python 3.5.0rc1 today to fix two bugs that popped up late in
the process.  Release candidates are supposed to be software you
genuinely would release, and I couldn't release Python with both those
bugs.  This delay rippled through the whole process, so it just isn't
going out tonight (late Sunday / early Monday in my timezone).  I have
every expectation it'll go out Monday.

In case you're interested, the bugs are (were!):

    http://bugs.python.org/issue24745
    http://bugs.python.org/issue24835

My thanks to the folks who stepped up and fixed the bugs on short
notice, and my apologies to the community for the delay.  We're just
trying to make the best Python we can, for yooooooooou!

See you tomorrow,

//arry/