[Python-Dev] PEP-498: Literal String Formatting

ISAAC J SCHWABACHER ischwabacher at wisc.edu
Wed Aug 12 21:46:55 CEST 2015

Ruby already has this feature, and in my experience syntax highlighters handle it just fine.  Here's what vim's default highlighter shows me:

puts "we can #{
    ["include", "interpolate"].each { |s| puts s }
                              .select { |s| s.include? "erp" }
#                              .first
} arbitrary expressions!"

So an editor whose syntax highlighting is based on regular expressions already can't cope with the world as it is.  :)

Does anyone reading this know of a tool that successfully highlights python but not ruby?

ijs