[Python-Dev] Urgent: Last call for the CfP of PythonFOSDEM 2016

Stephane Wirtel stephane at wirtel.be
Tue Dec 15 08:57:56 EST 2015

Hi all

Because the deadline is imminent and because we have only received some
proposals, we have extended the current deadline. The new submission deadline is
2015-12-20.

Call For Proposals
==================

This is the official call for sessions for the Python devroom at FOSDEM 2016.

FOSDEM is the Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting, a free
and non-commercial two-day week-end that offers open source contributors a place
to meet, share ideas and collaborate.

It's the biggest event in Europe with +5000 hackers, +400 speakers.

For this edition, Python will be represented by its Community.
If you want to discuss with a lot of Python Users, it's the place to be!

Important dates
===============

* Submission deadlines: 2015-12-20
* Acceptance notifications: 2015-12-24

Practical
=========

* The duration for talks will be 30 minutes, including presentations and
questions and answers.
* Presentation can be recorded and streamed, sending your proposal implies
giving permission to be recorded.
* A mailing list for the Python devroom is available for discussions about
devroom organisation. You can register at this address:

How to submit
=============

All submissions are made in the Pentabarf event planning tool at
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16

When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the Python devroom
as the Track.

Of course, if you already have a user account, please reuse it.

Questions
=========

Any questions, please sned an email to info AT python-fosdem DOT org

Thank you for submitting your sessions and see you soon in Brussels to talk
about Python.

If you want to keep informed for this edition, you can follow our twitter
account @PythonFOSDEM.

* FOSDEM 2016: https://fosdem.org/2016
* Python Devroom: http://python-fosdem.org
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/PythonFOSDEM