[Python-Dev] Asynchronous context manager in a typical network server

Szieberth Ádám sziebadam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:13:02 EST 2015

Thanks for your reply Andrew!

> Personally I don't feel the need for `wait_forever()` or
> `loop.creae_context_task()`.
>
> But even if you need it you may create it from scratch easy, isn't it?

Indeed. I was prepared for such opinions which is OK. It is better to think it
through several times twice before introducing a new feature to an API.

I myself feel that `loop.create_context_task()` may be too specific. The
`asyncio.wait_forever()` coro seems much simple. Surely it must get
investigated whether there are a significal amount of patterns where this coro
could take part. I introduced one but surely that is not enough, only if it is
so awesome that everyone starts using it which I doubt. :)

Ádám
(http://szieberthadam.github.io/)