[Python-Dev] Typo in PEP-0423

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Dec 19 14:02:53 EST 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 08:55:26PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Even once the new docs are in place, getting them to the top of search
> of results ahead of archived material that may be years out of date is
> likely to still be a challenge - for example, even considering just
> the legacy distutils docs, the "3.1" and "2" docs appear ...

We probably need to update https://docs.python.org/robots.txt, which
currently contains:

# Prevent development and old documentation from showing up in search results.
# Disallow: /dev
Disallow: /release

The intent was to allow the latest version of the docs to be crawled.
Unfortunately, with the current hierarchy we'd have to disallow each
version, e.g.

Disallow: /2.6/*
Disallow: /3.0/*
Disallow: /3.1/*

And we'd need to update it for each new major release.

--amk