[Python-Dev] dynamic linking, libssl.1.0.0.dylib, libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib and Mac OS X

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Thu Dec 24 09:36:32 EST 2015

> On 24 Dec 2015, at 11:17, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a couple of examples of this problem in the wild:
>
> https://github.com/alekstorm/backports.ssl/issues/9
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32978365/how-do-i-run-psycopg2-on-el-capitan-without-hitting-a-libssl-error
> https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/385
>
> I'm well out of my depth here, I just want to use these libraries, but I'm happy to try and do the work to make the world a better place for Mac users of these libraries...
>
> Chris

Chris,

I think this is actually nothing to do with Python itself, and everything to do with Mac OS X and the neutered way it ships OpenSSL. Given that the library you’re actually having difficulty with is cryptography, I recommend using their mailing list[0] to ask your question again. I happen to know that there have been a few problems with OS X and OpenSSL since El Capitan, so you’re probably not the first to encounter them.

Cory