[Python-Dev] PEP 257 and __init__

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:27:30 EST 2015

Hola!

(I was doubting in sending this mail to this list or to the normal
one, but as it affects a "style recommendation" we propose for the
whole community, I finally sent it here)

I was reading PEP 257 and it says that all public methods from a class
(including __init__) should have a docstring.

Why __init__?

It's behaviour is well defined (inits the instance), and the
initialization parameters should be described in the class' docstring
itself, right?

Or I am missing something?

Should we remove "__init__" (the class method, *not* the package file)
as to require docstrings in the PEP?

Thanks!

--
.    Facundo