[Python-Dev] Hi, I am new to this board and have a question

Jianhua Zhou jzhou at rocketsoftware.com
Thu Feb 5 00:18:08 CET 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am a core software engineer at Rocket Software Inc. I am working on database system called UniData and Universe.

Now we plan to introduce Python as the new programming language to our customer. When I try to build the python 3.4.1 on Red Hat Linux platform. I found some problem and need help.

After I run configure and make the python, at the very end, it said some optional modules we missing,

Python build finished successfully!
The necessary bits to build these optional modules were not found:
_bz2                  _lzma                 _ssl
_tkinter              zlib

So, I went to python development guide site and found out I have to download some other source to build the optional modules.
Since I am on RH Linux and yum is installed on my Linux box, so I run following command

#  yum install yum-utils
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, security, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
WANdisco                                                 |  951 B     00:00
WANdisco/primary                                         |  94 kB     00:00
WANdisco                                                                450/450
my_repo                                                  | 3.9 kB     00:00 ...
Setting up Install Process
Package yum-utils-1.1.30-14.el6.noarch already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Looks like yum-utils is already installed. Then
#  yum-builddep python3
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit
No such package(s): python3

So what package name should I gave to download the additional source to build the optional module?

Thanks!

Jianhua Zhou

Rocket Software, Inc. and subsidiaries ? 77 Fourth Avenue, Waltham MA 02451 ? +1 800.966.3270 ? +1 781.577.4321
Unsubscribe From Commercial Email - unsubscribe at rocketsoftware.com
Privacy Policy - http://www.rocketsoftware.com/company/legal/privacy-policy

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.