[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Feb 10 17:17:31 CET 2015

Am 10.02.15 um 16:41 schrieb Steve Dower:
> One of my main engineering concerns is lack of shared knowledge a.k.a. the truck factor (not CPython specific, btw, just every project I work on).

Wrt. the installer, I think this is a lost cause. IIUC, you aren't
really getting familiar with msi.py, and you are the one who has the
highest chances - so I was the only real maintainer of it.
Likewise, the Wise installer was only maintained by Tim Peters.

So chances are really high that you will be the only one making
substantial changes to the WiX files, although some people might learn
how to build the installer.

Regards,
Martin