[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Feb 10 17:19:55 CET 2015

Am 10.02.15 um 15:43 schrieb Paul Moore:
> On 10 February 2015 at 14:13, Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I was also surprised as I was working on the installer, so +1 on changing
>> it.
>
> On a procedural note, does this require a change to the PEP (assuming
> it's generally acceptable)? Or is a patch to the code and docs
> sufficient?

There should be a PEP if the change is likely controversial. In any
case, there should be documentation of the rationale for the change, and
the docs itself is the wrong place for it. The commit message could be
the right place, but if the rationale is a bit more verbose, a bug
tracker item would be right. All IMO, of course.

Martin