[Python-Dev] ?s re documentation of Python features

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:02:04 CET 2015

On 25 February 2015 at 11:43, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ask on python-list. Also check out the FAQ and the Help page. Not sure what
> your problem is; Python is EXTREMELY well documented.

The core Python docs aren't bad, but getting the full scientific
Python stack up and running is still challenging for most folks.

Garry, while Ryan is correct that python-list or python-tutor would be
a better venue for this question (python-dev is for discussing the
development *of* Python, rather than *with* Python), you may also be
interested to know that getting the scientific Python stack up and
running has its own dedicated section in the Python Packaging User's
Guide: https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/science.html

In particular, it is likely to be worth your time t to look at
adopting one of the downstream Scientific Python distributions, rather
than attempting to use upstream Python directly:
http://www.scipy.org/install.html

Regards,
Nick.