[Python-Dev] Compile Python on Windows (OpenSSL)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jan 13 23:09:01 CET 2015

On 13.01.2015 23:04, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To compile Python on Windows, there are a few information in the
> Developer Guide:
> https://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html#windows-compiling
>
> Python 3.5 now requires Visual Studio 2010 *SP1*, or newer Visual Studio:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue22919#msg233637
>
> I found PCbuild\readme.txt which is not mentionned in the devguide :-/
> https://hg.python.org/cpython/file/56f717235c45/PCbuild/readme.txt
> (at least not on the Windows section of the setup page)
>
> I found some clues to build OpenSSL to be able to build the Python ssl
> module, but I still have issues.
>
> Is there a more complete documentation?
>
> I found how to install svn.exe, perl.exe and nasm.exe, but not how to
> install nmake.exe. I don't know the command to build OpenSSL.
>
> I don't care of building OpenSSL, my goal is only to build the Python
> ssl module. Is there a way to install a development version of OpenSSL
> (.lib files if I remember correctly) from an installer/binary?

If you just need the compiled OpenSSL DLLs and .libs, you
can use the ones we ship with the source package of egenix-pyopenssl:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/#Download

The files are in openssl-win32 / openssl-win64.

Those dirs also have batch files which we use to build the
OpenSSL libs on Windows.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 13 2015)
2015-01-09: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13.7 ...  http://egenix.com/go68
2015-01-20: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...        http://egenix.com/go69

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/