[Python-Dev] Overriding stdlib http package

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jan 14 21:25:15 CET 2015

Aha. Glad I asked. You would arguably get a more useful response if you
asked on core-mentorship and explained some of that background (for those
of us who rely on external memory :-).

The stdlib intentionally makes what you are trying to do hard (so library
writers don't have to worry about stdlib modules being overridden with
hacks at the whim of other library writers or app writers).

I'm not sure how commit privileges would help you -- can't you just fork
the CPython (I'm sure there's already a Bitbucket mirror that you can fork
easily) and do your work there? Even with commit privileges you wouldn't be
committing partial work unreviewed.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)