[Python-Dev] Compile Python on Windows (OpenSSL)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:43:37 CET 2015

Oh by the way, the tool that I wrote to build wheel packages on Windows is here:
https://code.google.com/p/tulip/source/browse/release.py

It was too annoying to have to open 6 times the Windows SDK shell, and
type each time between 2 and 4 commands.

release.py help:
------
Usage: release.py [options] command

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -v, --verbose         verbose
  -t TAG, --tag=TAG     Mercurial tag or revision, required to release
  -p PYTHON, --python=PYTHON
                        Only build/test one specific Python version, ex:
                        "2.7:32"
  -C, --no-compile      Don't compile the module, this options implies
                        --running
  -r, --running         Only use the running Python version
  --ignore              Ignore local changes

Commands:

- build: build asyncio in place, imply --running
- test: run tests
- test_wheel: test building wheel packages
- release: run tests and publish wheel packages,
  require the --tag option
- clean: cleanup the project
------

I wrote the tool for Tulip but it should be easy to make it more generic.

Victor