[Python-Dev] How do I ensure that my code is being executed?

Neil Girdhar mistersheik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:35:27 CET 2015

I get error:

TypeError: init_builtin() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

The only source file that can generate that error
is Modules/_ctypes/_ctypes.c, but when I make changes to that file such as:

        PyErr_Format(PyExc_TypeError,
                     "call takes exactly %d arguments XYZABC (%zd given)",
                     inargs_index, actual_args);

I do not see any difference after make clean and a full rebuild.  How is
this possible?  I need to debug the arguments passed.

Best,

Neil