[Python-Dev] Undefined reference to dlopen (was: Pydoc Replacement for Python's help()?)

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:52:44 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Cyd Haselton <chaselton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Additionally it appears as though some modules were not built with the
> correct links to -lc -ldl, even though I added them as dependencies in
> Setup and setup.py, as well as in the appropriate env variables.
> Importing string, tokenize, operator, inspect...and probably others I
> haven't tested...throw the 'undefined reference to dlopen' error.

Is this another topic? If so, please start another thread. People
glancing at subjects
won't recognize that you're now tackling a different problem.

The modules you mention here (as well as pydoc) are all pure Python modules.
I don't think any of them would have directly triggered a dlopen error. Do you
have a traceback?

Skip