[Python-Dev] PEP 493: Redistributor guidance for Python 2.7 HTTPS

s.krah stefan at bytereef.org
Tue Jul 7 18:03:36 CEST 2015

> It's OK if folks aren't interested in participating in the noisy early
> stages of that process - that's why the activity was long since moved
> out to a dedicated list. It's not OK to make the jump from "I don't
> consider participating in that to be the best possible use of my own
> time" to "it isn't worth doing".

Well yes, to me it was an exaggeration which a German or French person
would interpret as "not the best possible use of one's time". ;)

Leaving phrasing and timing aside (Antoine has already explained himself),
how are people who don't go to Pycons supposed to know the opinion of
other core-devs if no one ever voices a complaint on a mailing list?

Stefan Krah