[Python-Dev] cpython: Tighten-up code in the set iterator to use an entry pointer rather than

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Jul 7 22:16:51 CEST 2015

 On Tue, Jul 7, 2015, 12:17 Zachary Ware <zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> On 07/07/2015 08:15 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
>> This will make harder to notice (and fix!) other regressions.
>
> I don't understand what you are trying to say.  If a bug is worth fixing,
> it's worth having a test so we don't have to fix it again in the future.

I believe Serhiy's point is that there's no need to commit the test
before the fix, so that the buildbots won't be unnecessarily red until
the fix is committed.  The fix should, of course, include a test.

The test could be marked as an expected failure in the interim somitnisnt
forgotten.

-Brett

--
Zach