[Python-Dev] How far to go with user-friendliness

Ron Adam ron3200 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:12:34 CEST 2015

On 07/14/2015 12:36 PM, Christie Wilson wrote:
>     If people do misspell it, I think they do learn not to after it
>     happens a few times.
>

> Unless the line silently executes and they don't notice the mistake for
> years :'(

Yes, and I'm concerned that allowing it in one location may bring about a
self fulfilling cause.  ie.. it will become a common error if it works in
some places, but not others, while it's really not that common at the
present time.

On the plus side.. having it in only one module, and only one place,
probably won't be "that" bad or even that noticeable.  But maybe it can be
a motivating factor for not doing similar things in other places.

Cheers,
    Ron