[Python-Dev] Cross compiling C-python 2.7.10 maintenance release for ARM on 64 bit x86_64 systems.

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Jul 14 19:35:47 CEST 2015

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:22:05 -0000, Andrew Robinson <andrew3 at r3dsolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to cross compile C-python 2.7.10 for an embedded system. (Eg:
> a Kobo reader).
> But there appears to be some bugs that do not allow the latest
> maintenance release of Python to correctly cross compile on an x86-64
> build system, for a 32 bit arm system.

To my understanding we don't yet fully support this (though we'd like
to), because we don't have a buildbot that regularly does cross compiles.
There are open issues in the tracker, perhaps you can vet and/or submit
some patches.[*]  Or contribute a buildbot?

--David

[8} See eg http://bugs.python.org/issue5404; I'm guessing there are others.