[Python-Dev] A quick word on top posting

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Mon Jul 20 20:03:29 CEST 2015

On Monday, July 20, 2015, Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:

> Your +infinity could have easily been top posted -- particularly when
> there's no in-line comments that require context.
>
> just-because-I'm-on-what-feels-like-a-300-baud-connection-ly yr's,
>
> Emile
>

> On 7/19/2015 2:16 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> On 19/07/2015 22:06, Brett Cannon wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>
>  There is absolutely no reason we can't keep discussions cordial,
>>> friendly, and on-point on this list and prevent this sort of debacle
>>> from occurring again.
>>>

>> +infinity

Empty replies like a fake vote should just not occur in general. That's not
usually an issue on this list, but I see many others plagued by such
+1...). Remember that not only do we need to keep emails to the
characteristics Brett mentioned for the sake of having a healthy
discussion list, we should strive to keep the noise as close to zero as
possible as mails sent to this list reach *a lot* of people.