[Python-Dev] How do we tell if we're helping or hindering the core development process? (was Re: How far to go with user-friendliness)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:19:36 CEST 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 12:09, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> 5. Assume that the decision was well-considered and made with good
> reasons. If you don't understand the reasons, and feel you need to,
> ask for them, but refrain from judgement until you have the reasons.
> The original mail in this thread ("is this a joke?" is a particularly
> bad violation of this rule - does anyone seriously think a core dev
> commits code as a joke???).

My apologies - the original thread was *not* the source of the "is
this a joke?" comment. That appeared somewhere else, and I can't
recall exactly where. The original post was well-explained and a
sensible question, which pretty much followed all of the rules I
covered above (although it was still about something a year old, which
might have been nice to note in the post). My apologies to Dima for
misrepresenting what he said.

Just goes to show, that even when going on about "do your research", I
failed to do so myself :-( I suppose that emphasises the point that we
all make mistakes, so let's try to remember that when discussing rules
of conduct...

Paul