[Python-Dev] Python automatic optimization

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Jul 23 22:20:49 CEST 2015

Andrew Steinberg via Python-Dev schrieb am 23.07.2015 um 21:04:
> Hello everybody, I am using Python 2.7 as a backbone for some
> mathematical simulations. I recently discovered a tool called AutoFDO
> and I tried compiling my own Python version, but I did not manage to get
> it working. My question is, will sometime in the future Python include
> this tool? Thank you,Andrew

Some Python distributions already use PGO/FDO to build the interpreter.
Ubuntu does it, for example, and potentially also other Linux distributions.

Also see this issue:

https://bugs.python.org/issue17781

Apart from that, I concur with Maciej that FDO is most likely not the
solution to your problem at hand. But that belongs on the general Python
mailing list then, not the core developers mailing list.

Stefan