[Python-Dev] Status on PEP-431 Timezones

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:05:49 CEST 2015

On 27 July 2015 at 09:54, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm confused by your position. If it's 7am on the clock behind me,
>> right now, then how (under the model proposed by the PEP) do I find
>> the datetime value where it will next be 7am on the clock?
>
> PEP-431 does not propose to implement calendar operations, and hence
> does not address that question.

OK, I see. But it does propose to remove that operation from datetime.
Thanks for the clarification.

Am I right to think that because you say "implement calendar
operations" this is not, as far as you are aware, something that
already exists in the stdlib (outside of datetime)? I'm certainly not
aware of an alternative way of doing it.

Paul