[Python-Dev] Status on PEP-431 Timezones

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 15:17:41 CEST 2015

On 28/07/2015 13:35, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> One week == 7 days == 7 * 24 hours
>> Two weeks = 2 * (one week)
>
> Right, and that of course is not true in actual reality. I know you
> are not interested in DST, but with a timezone that has DST, two times
> a year, the above statement is wrong.

Tim asked for my definition of two weeks so I've given it.  With respect
to that in reality this is true, for me, with my application, making my
statement above correct.  For my application we could go from GMT to BST
and back on successive days throughout the year and it wouldn't make any
difference.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence