[Python-Dev] How do we tell if we're helping or hindering the core development process?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Jul 29 18:34:09 CEST 2015

On 07/29/2015 09:18 AM, Wes Turner wrote:

> sorry, I haven't the context for this

tl;dr -- Mock objects now protect against accidentally accessing wrong assert methods by raising an attribute error;  this is different than past behavior in that any attribute that didn't exist
simply returned a new Mock.  Besides guarding against incorrect "assert*" attributes, it also guards against "assret*" attributes.

For the complete history:

   https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-July/140720.html

Please keep in mind that this has been discussed enough.

--
~Ethan~