[Python-Dev] speed.python.org (was: 2.7 is here until 2020, please don't call it a waste.)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jun 4 12:55:55 CEST 2015

On 04.06.2015 04:08, Tetsuya Morimoto wrote:
>> If someone were to volunteer to set up and run speed.python.org, I think
> we could add some additional focus on performance regressions. Right now,
> we don't have any way of reliably and reproducibly testing Python
> performance.
>
> I'm very interested in speed.python.org and feel regret that the project is
> standing still. I have a mind to contribute something ...

On 03.06.2015 18:59, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM, R. David Murray

>>> I guess ideal would be some cooperation from some of the cpython devs,
>>> so say someone can setup cpython buildbot
>>
>> What does "set up cpython buildbot" mean in this context?
>
> The way it works is dual - there is a program running the benchmarks
> (the runner) which is in the pypy case run by the pypy buildbot and
> the web side that reports stuff. So someone who has access to cpython
> buildbot would be useful.

Ok, so there's interest and we have at least a few people who are
willing to help.

Now we need someone to take the lead on this and form a small
project group to get everything implemented. Who would be up
to such a task ?

The speed project already has a mailing list, so you could use
that for organizing the details.

We could also create a PSF work group and assign a budget to it,
if that helps.

If you need help with all this, let me know.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 04 2015)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/