[Python-Dev] Tracker reviews look like spam

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Jun 10 02:45:43 CEST 2015

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:41:23 -0000, "Gregory P. Smith" <greg at krypto.org> wrote:
> I *believe* you can get this to happen today in a review if you add the
> report at bugs.python.org email address to the code review as the issueXXXXX
> in the subject line will make the tracker turn it into a bug comment.  If
> so, having that be the default cc for all reviews created would be a great
> feature (and modify it not to send mail to anyone else).

I haven't double checked, but I think the issue number has to be in
square brackets to be recognized.  Presumably that's a change that
could be made.  What is lacking is someone willing to climb the
relatively steep learning curve needed to submit patches for that
part of the system, and some one of us with the keys to the tracker
with time to apply the patch.  Given the former I think we can
manage the latter.

I believe Ezio did try to make rietveld update the tracker, and ran
into a problem whose nature I don't know...but I don't think he spent
a whole lot of time trying to debug the problem, whatever it was.
I imagine he'll chime in :)

--David