[Python-Dev] Adding c-api async protocol support

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:08:59 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> I'd wait with that a bit, though, until after Py3.5 is finally released
> and the actual needs for C code that want to use the new
> features become clearer.

I strongly disagree.

What we would end up with is 3rd party extension modules developed over the
next 2-3 years including their own awaitable testing functions/macros, and
in order to continue to provide 3.5 support into the future that code will
persist for the next 5-10 years regardless to whether its later added in
Python 3.6.