[Python-Dev] Importance of "async" keyword

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:05:47 CEST 2015

On 26 June 2015 at 23:48, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:
> @Nick
> Thanks for these links; nice reads and reflect exactly what I think about
> these topics. Btw. complex numbers basically works the same way (same API)
> as integers.

Not using complex numbers in Python - coming to grips with what they
mean physically.

> I would like to see that for functions and awaitables as well.

This is akin to asking for unification of classes and modules -
they're both namespaces so they have a lot of similarities, but the
ways in which they're different are by design.

Similarly, subroutines and coroutines are not the same thing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coroutine#Comparison_with_subroutines

They're *related*, but they're still not the same thing.

Regards,
Nick.