[Python-Dev] Needed reviews

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 12:46:14 CET 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 19:28, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is list of my ready for review patches.  It is incomplete and contains
> only patches for which I don't expect objections or long discussion.  Most
> of them are relative easy and need only formal review.  Most of them wait
> for a review many months.

It's worth noting that If there are changes you feel are genuinely low
risk, you can go ahead and merge them based on your own commit review
(even if you also wrote the original patch). It's far from ideal, but
also a pragmatic recognition of how low the available amount of core
developer time we have is relative to the amount of work that *could*
be done :(

The only time that guideline doesn't apply is if the release manager
declares mandatory commit reviews while preparing a release, and I
think Larry uses a release branch for that these days instead.

Regards,
Nick.