[Python-Dev] --with-valgrind and --enable-shared

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Mon Mar 23 19:16:17 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> It's not really our place to say if it makes sense for Arch to compile
> with valgrind flags turned on. It really depends on how they use Python in
> their Linux distribution and what their own goals are.

I already asked the package maintainers about this, I just wanted to know
if my understanding about what --with-valgrind means is correct or if there
are good reason to turn it on (except debugging Python).

>> If they are good defaults, why aren't them the default?
>>

> That's a question for Arch Linux and not us.

I probably didn't explain myself correctly: I was asking why they're not
the default values for Python configure script...

Andrea