[Python-Dev] Use ptyhon -s as default shbang for system python executables/daemons

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Mar 23 23:10:30 CET 2015

On 23Mar2015 21:58, Gregory P. Smith <greg at krypto.org> wrote:
>While people sometimes suggest virtualenv as a solution for this. It isn't
>really the same thing. It isn't a hermetic clone of the original
>interpreter.  It copies the main binary but symlinks back to much of the
>stdlib.

Oh.

I had thought a non-standalone venv arranged sys.path to fall back to the
source interpreter.  Clearly I have not paid attention.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Yes, sometimes Perl looks like line-noise to the uninitiated, but to the
seasoned Perl programmer, it looks like checksummed line-noise with a mission
in life.        - The Llama Book