[Python-Dev] Sporadic failures of test_subprocess and test_multiprocessing_spawn

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 10:39:30 CET 2015

Hi,

Can you please take a look at the following issue and try to reproduce it?
http://bugs.python.org/issue23771

The following tests sometimes hang on "x86 Ubuntu Shared 3.x" and
"AMD64 Debian root 3.x" buildbots:

- test_notify_all() of test_multiprocessing_spawn
- test_double_close_on_error() of test_subprocess
- other sporadic failures of test_subprocess

I'm quite sure that they are regressions, maybe related to the
implementation of the PEP 475. In the middle of all PEP 475 changes, I
changed some functions to release the GIL on I/O, it wasn't the case
before. I may be related.

Are you able to reproduce these issues? I'm unable to reproduce them
on Fedora 21. Maybe they are more likely on Debian-like operating
systems?

Victor