[Python-Dev] No tags in semi-official github mirror of cpython repository.

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Sat May 16 13:34:56 CEST 2015

Hi!

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 11:45:38AM +0900, INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I foud "semi official github mirror" of cpython.
> https://github.com/python/cpython
>
> I want to use it as upstream of our project (Translating docs in Japanese).
> But it doesn't have tags.
>
> Is the repository stable enough for forking project like us? Or should we
> use mercurial?
> Could you mirror tags too?

   If you prefer to use git for development instead of mercurial, like I
do, you can try some hg-to-git gateways. I tried hg-fast-export and
git-remote-hg and found the latter to be much better.

   See https://github.com/felipec/git-remote-hg and
https://github.com/felipec/git/wiki/Comparison-of-git-remote-hg-alternatives

> Thanks
> --