[Python-Dev] Automated testing of patches from bugs.python.org
kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:02:51 CEST 2015
With the help of CentOS project I am happy to announce an automated
system  to test patches from bugs.python.org. This can be fully automated
to test the patches whenever someone uploads a patch in the roundup, but
for now it accepts IRC commands on #python-dev channel. I worked on a
docker based prototype during sprints in PyCon.
How to use it?
1. Join #python-dev on irc.freenode.net.
2. Ask for test privilege from any one of kushal,Taggnostr,bitdancer
3. They will issue a simple command. #add: YOUR_NICK_NAME
4. You can then test by issuing the following command in the channel:
like #test: 21271
This will do the following:
Start a new job on ci.centos.org, announce it on the channel, and
announce the result also.
I will be working on a minimal lint for patches, and include it
The current steps can be found at . Each build is happening on a
1. It excepts one single patch to contain all the required changes
(instead of a series of patches).
2. It runs only on x86_64 architecture, CentOS7 based systems.
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer
Director @ Python Software Foundation
More information about the Python-Dev