[Python-Dev] Reminder: Python 3.5 beta 1 will be tagged tomorrow

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:34:50 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 05/22/2015 02:29 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
>>
>> Is it too late to get the isclose() code (PEP 485) into 3.5?

>>   Hopefully you can find a core dev familiar enough with the issues
>> involved that they can (quickly!) guide it through the process of getting it
>> checked in.
>
> Ping!  Anyone willing to sponsor this?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the PEP and the implementation!

You'll get more attention If you open an issue with a patch at
bugs.python.org. Having a GitHub repository is good, but the isclose()
code(with tests and documentation) needs to be integrated into the
CPython code base:

* The C implementation should be in Modules/mathmodule.c
* Tests should be in Lib/test/test_math.py
* Documentation should be in Doc/library/math.rst
* Add an entry to Doc/whatsnew/3.5.rst
* If I remember correctly, we don't need the Python implementation and its tests

--Berker