[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Can we clean up the buildbots please?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat May 23 00:53:13 CEST 2015

I'll answer my own question here.  According to PCbuild/readme.txt:

    This script will use the env.bat script to detect one of Visual
    Studio 2015, 2013, 2012, or 2010, any of which may be used to build
    Python, though only Visual Studio 2015 is officially supported.

I'll admit I'm puzzled by the wisdom of using unsupported compilers on
buildbots.  I guess it's a historical thing.  But I gently suggest that
we should either upgrade those buildbots to a supported compiler or
remove them entirely.  Definitely we should remove unsupported the two
unsupported platforms from the buildbots--that's just crazy.

//arry/