[Python-Dev] Accepting PEP 489 (Multi-phase extension module initialization)

Petr Viktorin encukou at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:30:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After extended discussion over the last several months on import-sig,
> the resulting proposal for multi-phase (PEP 451) extension module
> initialization has finalized.  The resulting PEP provides a clean,
> straight-forward, and backward-compatible way to import extension
> modules using ModuleSpecs.
>
> With that in mind and given the improvement it provides, PEP 489 is
> now accepted.  I want to thank Petr, Nick, and Stefan for the time,
> thought, and effort they put into the proposal (and implementation).
> It was a disappointment to me when, at the time, we couldn't find a
> good way to apply PEP 451 to builtins and extension modules.  So
> thanks for easing my anxiety!

Thank you for the thorough review, Eric! Also thanks to everyone
involved for insightful discussion, and especially Nick for guiding me
through writing my first PEP.
Let me know if there's anything more I can (or should -- still my
first time) do.
I'm off now but I'll be online tomorrow all day (UTC-ish hours).